My 1080ti crashes whole pc when under load

Jan 29, 2019
So I recently (as in yesterday) took apart my 1080ti to replace it's thermal compound because I knew it hadn't ever been changed and I'd been having some thermal issues. Since doing that I can't get on any games and now any benchmarks for more then a few minutes if that without my entire pc freezing and in turn me having to power it off. I don't think that I messed anything up whilst taking it apart, I was honestly more gentle then I could've been when taking it apart, the only issues I had were getting 3 screws off which were in some weird and hard to get to spots in which my screwdriver fell off them a few times not at light speed but fast enough it bothered me, but I'm pretty sure I didn't hit the actual board, just the heatsink and the other issue came with the LED plug where I tried to unplug it and unknowingly pulled the little plastic bit it's in with it. But I fixed that as well once I noticed the LED wouldn't turn on. Besides that no other issues come to mind. All overclocks were disabled on all my hardware, everything is stock. I'm out of ideas and have been going at this for about 13 hours without any other forum posts coming close to helping with this issue because of how specific it is.

Jan 29, 2019
The max temp my gpu gets when under load is anywhere from 60-66c at max usage.

Specs:
i5 8600k
GTX 1080ti
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz (@ 2133)
Asrock z370 pro-4 Mobo
Cooler Master 1000w Modular; 80 Plus Gold PSU

And the LED header on the GPU popped off when I tried to unplug it, all I did to fix that though was put it back on after it came off though and it works again.

Edit: I failed to mention that those temps are with the case open.