my 400gb hdd data recovery cost is 1800$ !!!! here is the diagnose

Emad1990

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2014
my 400gb hdd data recovery cost is 1800$ !!!!! this my report please give me your opinion

Diagnostics
Read Errors
Damaged Sector Blocks (Reallocation Errors)
Failing Read/Write Heads (Head Track)
Failed Read/Write Heads

Notes
Media information:

Make: Western Digital
Model: WD4000KS-00MNB0

Device Capacity: 400
Serial Number: WCANU2184507
Interface: SATA

Initial Diagnostics:

Visual Inspection: PASS
Printed Circuit Board (PCB): PASS
Motor: PASS
Read/Write Heads: FAIL
Firmware: N/A
Encryption: NO

Diagnostic Summary:

The media has physical issues which are preventing the data from being accessed through normal commands (Failed Read/Write Heads). A recovery is possible in this case once the media is fixed and imaged over inside of our cleanroom. Once a full image of the media is obtained our engineers will scan the contents of the entire file system for all available data. With the Standard Service the recovery time is 5-9 business days.

The end result will be your recovered data on an external drive which you can mount via USB or eSATA. Due to the amount of data per user notes copy time will vary depending on how much data is present on the failed media. We can extract certain files first if they are more critical as the full copying process can take several days depending on the amount and type of data.

please is it worth this price !!!!???

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Only you can say if the data on the hard drive is worth the price to you. I can see scenarios in which one would pay $10,000 for data recovery or refuse to pay $50.

But yes, data recovery is expensive. It's a specialized technical process. If you want to recover data inexpensively, you have to take proper actions beforehand so that you don't lose data in the first place.

finitekosmos

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
According to that report the read/write heads of the drive have failed, that means that the company who has to recover the drive will either have to dis-assemble the drive and its head assembly, then the platter assembly and install it in a temporary enclosure with functioning heads. This work is difficult and delicate which is why it is expensive. So is the price worth it? only you know, but now you understand the value of a backup strategy.

USAFRet

Titan

Depends. Is the loss of this data a potential life changer? Your spouse will leave you, or your boss will fire you? If so, then maybe it is worth $1800.

If it is just your game installs of GTA and CoD...probably not.