Question My Alienware 240hHz monitor is capped at 60hz ?

Aug 11, 2024
I have an Alienware AW3225QF OLED 32inch monitor that's capable of displaying at a 240hz refresh in 4k.
I have a GeForce 4 RTX480 S and the OS is Windows 11.

With a single monitor set up and a DP connection I'm only seeing 60hz as the max settings option both in the Windows Display Settings/Advanced tab and the NVIDIA control panel.

I have downloaded all new firmware and drivers for the monitor and the GPU.

Any help or suggestions very much appreciated

Thanks

Aug 11, 2024
Are you using the supplied DP cable the monitor came with? Or did you buy another? Monitor also comes with a Hdmi 2.1 cable, have you tried that?
Thanks, there's a chance it might not be the same cable. Had one before and they got mixed up, since gave the other away to family.

Have tried HDMI but the monitor doesn't seem to like it, makes the screen blink on and off whilst gaming and random if it even works on startup... Cable sounds like a good place to start though, I'll pick one up and make sure its compatible.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks, there's a chance it might not be the same cable. Had one before and they got mixed up, since gave the other away to family.

Have tried HDMI but the monitor doesn't seem to like it, makes the screen blink on and off whilst gaming and random if it even works on startup... Cable sounds like a good place to start though, I'll pick one up and make sure its compatible.

Monitor manufacturer's are usually pretty good with supplying good cables, im surprised Hdmi gave you trouble.

When you get DP cable make sure it is HBR3 standard and is Vesa certified, 2 meters max in length. Plenty bad cables out there not made to spec. Vesa had to introduce a certification program to stamp out dodgy cables.