Question My alternating DIMM slots dont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankogrg

Honorable
May 9, 2017
when i put my RAM in neighbouring slots (1,2) my system works, but when i put them in alternating (1,3 or 2,4) i get C1 error on my motherboard.
My pc worked perfectly fine in alternating slots before, but recently i moved all components to new casing and i didnt even touch the RAM during removal, and now it just wont let me start up my rig in proper way.
I tested the sticks, they both work. Is there any way to fix this? I just cant believe both sockets no 3 and 4 got damaged.
Please help.
Mobo is Aorus Gaming Pro Z390
RAM is Kingston Fury i think

Ralston18

Titan
What is meant by "and now it just wont let me start up my rig in proper way."

More information and detail needed.

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

And do look at the RAM sticks to determine if they are Kingston Fury and verify the specs.

Add more information about the "new casing".

Also confirm, just to be clear, that all that was done was to move the motherboard from casing OLD to casing NEW. Correct?

If you removed RAM from the Z390 for testing purposes or any other reason then double check that the RAM was reinstalled per the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual. Some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM be placed in a specific slot.

dankogrg

Honorable
May 9, 2017
RAM Kingston HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 3200MHz (2x8GB)
MoBo: Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU: intel core i7 8700K
GPU: gtx 1080
PSU: Corsair RM 650
Casing: Fractal design G, but idk why that matters, it is s "new" casing, but i bought it used to put the rig into
when i install according to manual (DIMM B2 and A2), it wont work, but when i install into DIMMB2 and DiMMB1 it works

Last edited:

dankogrg

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Did you ever remove the cpu chip from the motherboard socket?
If so, you possibly damaged a socket pin.
Such damage commonly creates ram issues such as lack of dual channel capability.
yes, i have
can it be fixed?
Also, if it cannot, does it slow the PC very much if it isnt in reccomended slots, but neighbouring ones?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.