[SOLVED] My Am-KVM201 on the windows 7 desktop its not detecting the monitor. The mouse and keyboard works ok . Every thing works ok on my windows 10 Desktop.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 22, 2021
My Am-KVM201 on the windows 7 desktop its not detecting the monitor. The mouse and keyboard works ok . Every thing works ok on my windows 10 Desktop.

Solution
HDMI is a digital interface. VGA is analog. Unless your adapter/cable is "active", it cannot provide the necessary signals to drive a VGA-only display. This seems to be the likely issue with your KVM and display/monitor.

Try using a HDMI to DVI adapter instead and use the DVI port on your Acer K202HQL .

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Forgot to mention the windows 10 PC is showing up on the monitor using the HDMI output on the switch conected to DMI port on monitor.
Good, that means you have a good video connection to the monitor. Now we need to figure out the connection from the Win 7 PC to the KVM, it seems.

What video ports does your Win 7 rig have? How is it connected to the KVM?

Jan 22, 2021
What video ports does your Win 7 rig have? How is it connected to the KVM?

Then I assume you have the HDMI to DVI cable connected to the monitor. Is that correct?

Got it working thanks for all your help and support. I had to now that I have the cables and/or adapters you said to get. Set the monitor on the windows 7 pc bu clicking the windows and P button and change the screen options from single to multiple. Now the switch works for both PC's. Problem solved🤓💐🎆🎇🎉🎊🌷🌷