My Android Phone's OS is taking up 14.9 GB of my 16 GB storage

UrAvgGamer

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015
I currently have a Lenovo A7000 Plus. And it has given me quite a number of problems so far software-wise. My first problem, which is not this, was posted on their forums and they didn't have any answers for me. So now I won't even bother asking this one onto their forums. I got that one fixed without any help from them even though it was mainly their update's fault.

I reformatted my whole phone which was part of the fixing process, and it was working fine until i went into the playstore to download apps that are essential to me. (Evernote, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) I tried to download Facebook first and an insufficient space message greeted me. So I went into the storage and saw from there that my OS is eating up 14.88 GB of storage out of my 16 GB. To add to that, the default apps that the OS have takes up 1 GB of space, leaving me with only 120 MB of space. What the hell is up with that?

I kinda regret buying this phone now, because it is not easily rootable, Lenovo does not respond to costumers' problems, andhas a ton of problems. I guess that's why Lenovo A7000 Plus is cheap in the first place. Dissapointed :(

Please help and thanks in advanced!

Solution

Try updating it. I mean you are only left with 120 MB left, no harm in trying. ;) Maybe the update resizes the partition.
Yeah I understand where you are coming from because my mother's phone had the exact same issue. What I did for her phone was clearing the app's data caches, uninstalling the apps to their factory version. But if that doesn't work, you could try a factory data reset?

UrAvgGamer

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015
The phone is completely empty. Like I said, reformatting the phone was part of the process of fixing my phone's first problem. All cache are deleted and all apps are at their default state. Nothing is updated even the phone. I might try updating the phone but I'm scared that it might just make things worse. Thanks for the response. :D

Try updating it. I mean you are only left with 120 MB left, no harm in trying. ;) Maybe the update resizes the partition.

Solution