My Asus Maximus V Formula freeze

Ein_MM

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Hi

first, I'm very sorry for my English cuz it's not my native language. :)

I have a problem with my PC, it's always freeze. what I found it's freeze in some points like when the windows try to detect a new hardware in Device Manager or when I try to install some drivers like XBox 360 controller or drivers for the Motherboard it self or it's freeze randomly after the OS start after short time.

I thought first cuz of the OCZ SSD that my brother give it to me cuz he told it have some support issue with some motherboards so I changed it to Samsung EVO 450 256gb along with my old graphics card to EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW, but with no use except the load time in BIOS become faster.

however I tried many ways to address the problem like reset the BIOS, Disable HDMI and sound on board, updating BIOS and removed some hardwares not all of them.

I used memory test from windows and it show the RAMs r fine, maybe I should run the test again via Linux.

here's my Hardware Spec
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz
Asus Maximus V Formula
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i
Kingston HyperX Beast 16 GB Kit (2x8 GB) 2400MHz DDR3
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Windows 8.1 Pro

I hope someone can help me and if you need any information I can help.

thanks in advance.

Ein_MM

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015

yes, yesterday I installed latest BIOS for I can install windows 8.1 at Samsung SSD EVO 850, but for the Asus mobo the OS freeze while the driver installing, just now I read that I have to install mobo drivers in order, like I need to install the driver for the motherboard chipset first, I'll try it once I back home.

Ein_MM

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
hi..

I installed the chipset driver but I still get same false, I did a little dig, it seems the problem with one of my rams when I remove one and try another and switch both of them, I guess one of rams wasn't tied in it's place properly.

so far my pc run great and without any problems.

thanks for ur help :)