my asus strix gtx 960 is lagging very badly in all games.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mimorex

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
i bought a gtx 960 yesterday to upgrade my gpu from gtx 550 ti but there is no performance improvements instead its lagging more than before.what maybe the problem.help me.thanks in advance

Solution
okay good just don't want you making an easy mistake :D
okay we'll check one more software to confirm it is MSI afterburner:
http://www.hwinfo.com/

It is a lot more comprehensive. But you basically need to check the 'sensor status' and check those figures with OHM and msi afterburner.

jakegroves

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
MSI afterburner reading it wrong then, it's fine as that is normal temperatures at that temperature.
Remember with skylake most of the boards are DDR4 ram and the ddr3/ddr3l are less common. So make sure you remember that when getting the skylake ;)

jakegroves

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
okay good just don't want you making an easy mistake :D
okay we'll check one more software to confirm it is MSI afterburner:
http://www.hwinfo.com/

It is a lot more comprehensive. But you basically need to check the 'sensor status' and check those figures with OHM and msi afterburner.

Solution

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

Dude, why are you bothering with monitors programs now? You found out your problem. You need a new CPU. Go buy one.

mimorex

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015

please read before you comment...my new gpu was showing 92 deg c but it differs in all monitor programs..thats y m asking which one to rely on

jakegroves

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Strange that it is different in all of them... What to suggest is go ahead with sorting bottleneck out and if temperatures still playing up create a new thread for us, as it's a long thread now :)
Can always private message me if you need the help again!

mimorex

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015

thanks a ton bro

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

You know that answer too. You're current motherboard is antique and sensor reading may be busted or whatever. Again, there's no need worrying about that too. It's impossible for your 960 to get to over 70 degress Celcius since it's bottlenecked by the CPU in anything. So the reading is wrong. And it will be wrong in anything until you get a new, modern motherboard.