My Asus Strix GTX 970 review

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
"...AINT CRAWLIN' BACK! Although I might..."

I just read yesterday that the 750 is best on performance for dollar. The x60 series are always the sweet spot at a slightly higher price for overall gaming performance though.

Whichever way you go though, I rec not spending too much, unless you can get good resale value, and on a 960, you might. Because Pascal is a little over a yr away and will blow everything else away like never before.

We're used to seeing the run of the mill die shrink with added GFLOPS. Pascal is going to be that plus stacked DRAM, NVLink, Dx12, AND, for the first time ever on PC, UNIFIED MEMORY!!!

maxtex

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
Well, some of those features were actually planned for Maxwell a couple years ago, so don't get too excited yet, and who knows when the next generation will come, probably not even Nvidia knows for sure yet.

"Well, some of those features were actually planned for Maxwell a couple years ago..."

But of those it only got Dx12, and by the time Pascal releases, it might even get a 12.1 version of it.

Maxwell didn't get most of those features because they fit better with Pascal's architecture. I think they also wanted to time their release when Dx12 and games made for it actually debut.

Also, there's already been a prototype made of a Pascal card with all those features on it.