[SOLVED] My authenticator code got used on fake authenticator-app screen

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Hi all

So I got got. Do I need to reinstall authenticator to change code gen's ? Or is it only that one time use that is exploited ?

Solution
If you do not know how or otherwise cannot change the existing code gens then you will need to find another 2fa application.

Just for the record: Forum rules prohibit any responses regarding bypassing or otherwise assisting with password or authentication problems.

Not saying that you are asking for such assistance - point being that such assistance cannot be offered.

However, posts offering suggestions for other authentication apps are acceptable.

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
May or may not be knowable.

However, that said, do not take a chance or leave matters uncertain.

Change the code gen's.
Any idea on how to do that ? I already had all the 2a in the authenticator app.
EDIT: Any one have any suggestions on what's a good authentication app ? Phone/ARM or pc app !
I noticed Authy app has a change password option for back up. It does not ask for previous password for changing it. :( LAME

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
If you do not know how or otherwise cannot change the existing code gens then you will need to find another 2fa application.

Just for the record: Forum rules prohibit any responses regarding bypassing or otherwise assisting with password or authentication problems.

Not saying that you are asking for such assistance - point being that such assistance cannot be offered.

However, posts offering suggestions for other authentication apps are acceptable.

Solution