[SOLVED] My B550 Aorus Master isn’t recognizing my new cpu

Dec 27, 2021
So I recently procured a Ryzen 5600X after struggling with my slow but fully functional Amd Athlon 3000g. But even after updating my Bios to the latest version my pc still wont boot and displays a d0 error code. I’ve reseated the ram and cpu multiple times but i still can even get to display anything.

Solution
So I recently procured a Ryzen 5600X after struggling with my slow but fully functional Amd Athlon 3000g. But even after updating my Bios to the latest version my pc still wont boot and displays a d0 error code. I’ve reseated the ram and cpu multiple times but i still can even get to display anything.
Since you did update BIOS I can only assume your motherboard is confirmed to be compatible with Ryzen 5000. Many (if not most) B350 and X370 boards are not.

Reset CMOS to clear lingering settings needed for the old CPU and BIOS but blocks successful initialization of the new CPU by the new BIOS. Follow instructions in your manual.

Even after it works keep in mind this is a CPU and not an APU as the 3000G. That means it needs a...
Since you did update BIOS I can only assume your motherboard is confirmed to be compatible with Ryzen 5000. Many (if not most) B350 and X370 boards are not.

Reset CMOS to clear lingering settings needed for the old CPU and BIOS but blocks successful initialization of the new CPU by the new BIOS. Follow instructions in your manual.

Even after it works keep in mind this is a CPU and not an APU as the 3000G. That means it needs a discrete GPU to get any display. The monitor also must be attached to the GPU and not the motherboard display outputs.

If you don't have a discrete GPU you might could return the 5600X and get a 5700G or 5600G instead as these are also APU's that don't need one. Either is still a massive upgrade from a 3000G in both CPU and GPU gaming performance.

Last edited:
Solution