Question My Bios settings keeps reseting everytime i unplug the pc

Feb 20, 2023
Hello ,
A couple days ago i installed a new air cooler for my CPU , a cooler master hyper 212 RGB Black edition ,
and when i installed it this issue start happening every time i start my pc in the morning or (if i unplug it for a long period ) i get a message that i changed a components (cpu , ram ) or cmos has been cleared , and i have to config it again
also the boot time doubled , i wait for almost a minute to see something on the screen
i flashed the bios it did nothing , and i changed the CMOS with a new one but that also didn't change nothing still having the same issue
the pc is brand new i just build it 24 jan 2023 , everything bought new
i am using a MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ,

nb: everything worked fine when i was using the stock cooler from amd

Specs;
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Series Low Profile 16Go (2x 8Go) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
SSD: Western Digital SSD WD Black SN750 1 To
Mobo: msi mag b550 tomahawk
PSU : Corsair RM750 80PLUS Gold 750W
GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock OC 8GB GDDR6X

Screenshot-2023-02-20-155815.png

Hello ,
A couple days ago i installed a new air cooler for my CPU , a cooler master hyper 212 RGB Black edition ,
and when i installed it this issue start happening every time i start my pc in the morning or (if i unplug it for a long period ) i get a message that i changed a components (cpu , ram ) or cmos has been cleared , and i have to config it again
also the boot time doubled , i wait for almost a minute to see something on the screen
i flashed the bios it did nothing , and i changed the CMOS with a new one but that also didn't change nothing still having the same issue
the pc is brand new i just build it 24 jan 2023 , everything bought new
i am using a MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ,

nb: everything worked fine when i was using the stock cooler from amd

Specs;
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Series Low Profile 16Go (2x 8Go) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
SSD: Western Digital SSD WD Black SN750 1 To
Mobo: msi mag b550 tomahawk
PSU : Corsair RM750 80PLUS Gold 750W
GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock OC 8GB GDDR6X

The long boot time is typical of the CPU retraining memory, which happens whenever the battery is removed as to reset CMOS.
Some coin cell batteries are sold with a plastic sticker on one surface to prevent being shorted out: did you remove it before installing?

Even brand new CMOS batteries are sometimes old, or just bad. Try replacing it with another new one.