[SOLVED] My boot drive ISNT C:?

Born2Hula

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
So my setup is a new(ish) 500gb M2, as well as a 2tb HDD and an old 256mb ssd.

My intention was to use the M2 as the boot drive, and use FuzeDrive to combine the other two into a nice big drive for my steam folder to keep the M2 clean.

I wanted to unfuze the drive and start again with the new version of StoreMi. I cant do this with the software so I need to use the "diskpart" CMD to manually remove the archiving metadata.

So far so good. The M2 is my boot drive, so I can boot it, repartition my old drive and boom!

The problem is, when i go to look at my drives, the C: drive (which shouldn't have a windows installation, but does) is the fuzedrive. My M2 is drive F:.

So I go back to BIOS and my M2 is set as the boot drive, but doesn't appear as the boot drive in windows. I even removed the boot order list and force booted from the M2, which worked, but it looks exactly the same as booting normally.

Gah?? I'm guessing I shouldn't format my C: drive, but why isn't it booting from the drive I specify? It has a windows install on that I can see when its listed as F:

Solution
Yep, thats your best path forward.
Start over with a clean install, and ignore that Fuze/StoreMi thing.

USAFRet

Titan
The whole Fuze/StoreMi has confused this completely.

The "Disk 3" of 2097.47 GB would seem to be a merger of a 2TB HDD, and a smaller drive (SSD?).
A true single 2TB drive would show there as 1.81TB.
And it is still booting from that thing.

This is but one of the many reasons I'm not a fan of these drive merger things.

Born2Hula

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
The whole Fuze/StoreMi has confused this completely.

The "Disk 3" of 2097.47 GB would seem to be a merger of a 2TB HDD, and a smaller drive (SSD?).
A true single 2TB drive would show there as 1.81TB.
And it is still booting from that thing.

This is but one of the many reasons I'm not a fan of these drive merger things.

Yeah, I'm just going to reformat and start again from scratch. I remember installing windows twice because the first time didn't work - one of the times I suspect id selected the wrong drive because I'm seeing windows files on both. And yeah, my experience with drive fusion has been pretty bad but it was a way to turn an old SSD and a cheap HDD into plenty of storage for games when I couldn't afford a large M2.

USAFRet

Titan
Yep, thats your best path forward.
Start over with a clean install, and ignore that Fuze/StoreMi thing.

Solution