My brand new pc is malfunctioning please help!!

hardwire

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
I bought a new pc and when i turned it on for the first time, the power light is on but there is no display or hdd activity but when i reset or turn it off and back on everything seems to be working fine. It is not the psu problem because i replaced it. And my specs are:
Asus B85mg Motherboard
corsair vengence 1*8 gb ram
i5 4440 processor
corsair 650w psu

hardwire

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

Yes it's brand new.
This is the first time.
I assembled it myself
The problem started when i turned it on for the first time thinking that it might be the problem of the psu i replaced it but same problem, also replaced monitor and tried other display port. I think this is not a display problem because hdd led is not blinking it works only after i restart or turn it off and back on a couple more time. But when it turns on everything is working great upto now.
Also i tried cmos reset but still now the problem is there :(

USAFRet

Titan

Start here, and perform ALL the steps:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Not just read and think "yeah, I already did that"...actually touch and do.

hardwire

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

Did all of that yesterday night still it's not working.The problem is like this,
when i press the power button both the power led and hdd led blinks after that the power led only stays on(There is no hdd activity) and the screen is completly blank. I have tried display ports new graphics card, new psu etc.. what makes it so difficult to pinpoint the problem is that it sometimes work sometimes it wont. It is very random like sometimes it always work sometimes it will not work for over 20> on and off's. Anyway i am going to replace the motherboard since it's brand new but i will only get the replace only if when the retailer tests and see the problem my worry is that since the problem is very random he might not notice it. Anyway if there is anything more to try you can tell me. Thnx for reading this long post.