Question My BX500 SSD is running 100% disk usage.

Oct 1, 2023
Hi, I have a problem with my crucial SSD like said in the title...
I really tried everything I found on the internet but yeah its stuck at 100% anyway... I'm desperate to find a solution because I don't have the money for a new one when mine has 86% lifetime left.

Here is included an link of a crystaldiskinfo screenshot : ps://ibb.co/QYHcsXh

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I really tried everything I found on the internet but yeah its stuck at 100% anyway
What have you tried? It's so we don't repeat steps that have lead you to the creation of your account/thread here.

As for your issue, is 100% disk usage is in Task Manager's resource monitor, correct?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

t would be good to know that the system was not actually doing relatively large write ops (or for that matter simply downloading a batch of WIn10 updates!) during the precise time you looked at task manager, as during large-ish write operations, the small cache on the BX500 is quickly overwhelmed, leading to sustained 100% busy operation indications in task manager......

Large enough write operations in play, and almost any SATA SSD could show 100% busy...

Oct 1, 2023
Okay so i did a full scan with Windows Defender (last thing left to try) and it detected something that I deleted, now it seems to work all great !

So I had a virus or smth..., but I had this same problem before and I already thought I fixed it, it just reappeared 2 days after... then I wrote here

So thank you for your fast answers and if it does it again I'll send everything you asked !!

Youns

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023
My PC is lagging a lot and its sometimes not usable at all... when monitoring in Task Manager, I saw that my C: drive was at 100% disk usage. I "fixed" it many times but finally its happening again and I'd love to have this issue gone forever...
Here is included a link of a crystaldiskinfo screenshot
I already tried to :
- Disable Sysmain and other ones
- Updating Windows and the SSD's firmware
- Running a full scan with Windows Defender (it solved it one time but the issue came back)
- Runnind chkdsk command

CPU: i5 9600k, 3,70GHz
CPU cooler: Intel E97379 - 003
Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M S2H
Ram: 16Go
SSD/HDD: Crucial BX500 / Verbatim 1To HDD
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 SUPER
PSU: Corsair CV550 (idk its age, I didn't bought the PC new)
Chassis: AeroCool CS-105
Monitor: LG Ultragear (144Hz one, idk the reference)
BIOS is all updated too

Please help me I'm desperate to find asolution...

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Are you seeing 100% disk usage when idle? A corrupt OS can and will cause the issue mentioned and is known as memoryleak which is a common occurrence since Windows 8. Where did you source the installer for your OS?

BIOS is all updated too
This is where you state the version for the OS.

Oct 1, 2023
Are you seeing 100% disk usage when idle? A corrupt OS can and will cause the issue mentioned and is known as memoryleak which is a common occurrence since Windows 8. Where did you source the installer for your OS?

BIOS is all updated too
This is where you state the version for the OS.
It depends, sometimes its 100% everytime and sometimes its only when i start a task...
I installed the OS from Microsoft website

Oct 1, 2023
Upgrade your SSD to a model with DRAM cache.
For example Crucial MX500, Samsung 860 evo or similar.

You may even upgrade to NVME drive. Your motherboard has M.2 slot.
For example Samsung 970 evo.
I could so this but it costs money, I wanted to work on upgrading my PC next summer...

TRENDING THREADS