Question My computer boots to bios before I have installed anything

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2019
I just upgraded my computer and it is almost completely brand new and after tons of issues I swapped parts and fixed everything. However, now it is just booting to BIOS. It recognizes my USB (has windows installer on it) but never boots on it. It is top on priority and has default settings, but I just can't get it to the windows installer stage. Please help.

Specs:
Windows 10
i5-9600k
16GB DDR4 ram
Asus Prime z-390p motherboard
gtx 970
750w PSU

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
this is an odd situation, i wish i was able to actually physically deal with it haha, its probably the easiest fix, im assuming now its showing those other drives in the boot priority?

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
Im at a complete loss here now, its acting like there isnt any drives plugged in at all... the only thing i can suggest is trying to use maybe sata port 0 on your mobo.

May 16, 2019
Im at a complete loss here now, its acting like there isnt any drives plugged in at all... the only thing i can suggest is trying to use maybe sata port 0 on your mobo.
No worries man. I'll take it to a best buy or something if push comes to shove. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.