Question My computer doesn't recognize peripherals anymore?

Apr 27, 2020
Hello everyone, as the title suggests, my computer no longer recognizes the connected peripherals, the monitor does not turn on, the mouse indicator light remains off, the keyboard does not work and this also remains off, basically the peripherals, even if they are connected, behave as if they were disconnected. I think that the PC goes all the way to the system because when I press the shutdown button the computer does not stop instantly, moreover the fans and the LEDs work. I thought it was a problem due to the ram memory, so I tried to start the pc without any ram memory installed and the pc rang warning that it detected that there is no ram memory installed, making me understand that consequently also the motherboard it's working, despite this I tried to use another power supply of a friend of mine (a CX550M) and the problem was not solved the same.
The last time I turned it on, the computer worked perfectly and I have always used the same peripherals.
I also tried to discharge the capacitors by removing the motherboard battery, I tried to leave the motherboard without the battery for more than an hour and then relocate it, I tried to perform a clear CMOS but this also did not give the results that I was hoping to get. Would anyone know how to help me? P.S. I apologize for my English, but I am Italian and I decided to get help in the American tom's hardware forum because in the Italian one nobody cares to help me. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine. No problems there.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Do you hear any beeps (some pattern of long and short beeps) or see any LED's with number or just colored lights?

Have you been able to try a new CMOS battery?

Have you been able to try booting into Safe Mode?

Overall, I suspect a PSU problem but where a second PSU did not work is a bit troublesome.

Do you know for sure that that CX550M PSU was properly working before installing it into your computer?

Apr 27, 2020
Thank you for the answer!
Yes, that's my friend's power supply and he uses it everyday without any problem.
My pc is pretty old, the specs are:
Asrock H61M-VS
I3-2100
JOU JYE 520W
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE 1 TB
I unfortunately don't know what the ram memory brand is, it's a pretty generic brand one, i just know that is a DDR3.
I'm not able to start my pc in safe mode because my monitor doesn't even work, I can't see what happens in the S.O
My S.O is WIN10 32 BIT.
The computer doesn't beep, it beeps just when i remove the ram memory.

Last edited: