My computer doesn't run games as good as it should

Aug 23, 2018
Hello guys,

First thread i am making here, as i don't know what is wrong anymore.

I recently bought a new pretty decent desktop computer. But i felt like it don't run as good as it should. I used my old HDD from my old computer and figured i get an SSD i know right its 2018!! However in games i have to play games at low/mid quality i get alot of stutter lags. Also another thing i've notived which is pretty annoying is whenever i close a game and just use my computer to open Youtube or whatever its really slow, like just after i close a game and when im', playing a game and try to open a browser i can click on google chrome and it open 1-2 minutes after. So i have to restart my computer for this to fix it..

I've been playing League of Legends and Diablo 3 for the most part which should be no problem. I reinstalled windows when i installed the SSD.. but i didn't feel like the SSD made any difference.

My friend has the same GPU and CPU and hasn't had any problems..

Computer specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL OC
ASUS Prime B350-Plus, Socket-AM4
EVGA BQ 600W Hybrid Modular 80+ PSU
Kingston Value DDR4 2133MHz 8GB
Kingston A400 120GB 2.5" SSD

I know i only got 8GB ram, can it be as simple as getting 16?

If you need any further explaining of the problem, i could try to explain better..

Thanks!

Solution
MY CPU was idle at 1,5Ghz so i went and resat my BIOS and manage to set my CPU at 3,8Ghz with very good temps.
Everything is working great now.

Thanks for any help :)
(Not sure how i delete / resolve this post)

kadec.a.mackinney

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
it is slow ram so yes opening more tasks than your ram can handle may be the problem. if you can on a second monitor or using msi afterburner, see if the ram is at near 8gb of usage because that will be the telltale sign if it is just lack of ram or a actual problem within the pc. makesure there is nothing in the background running if you can. such as chrome, spotify, and things like that.

Aug 23, 2018
MY CPU was idle at 1,5Ghz so i went and resat my BIOS and manage to set my CPU at 3,8Ghz with very good temps.
Everything is working great now.

Thanks for any help :)
(Not sure how i delete / resolve this post)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS