Question My computer is not starting ?

British Tanker

Prominent
Jun 17, 2021
I recently replaced my ATI Radeon HD 4830 ( I know it's old) with a Geforce GTX 260.

I went to task manager to take a look at my system performance and I saw something called Nvidia 3d vision ( I think that's what it was called?) and I then went to open file location because I was curious it was in in the 'temp' folder somewhere in the disk. I proceeded to click and install the drivers but then after browsing and stuff I realised the gpu was getting WAY too hot. it started to melt the rubber cap on its connector thing so I turned it off.

The next morning (today) I put my old ATI Radeon HD 4830 back in. It started to work for like 5 minutes and then I got the "Kernel Security Check Failure" BSOD and it stayed on 0% for a while so I force powered it off and then turned it back on again. However, when I powered it back on the monitor just said "Entering power saving mode" so it seems like it does not detect anything from the GPU.

Another theory is that a couple of hours before that I installed a piece of software that could have been a virus (from an unofficial source) but I never got a warning from the default Windows AV software. I also restarted the computer before I replaced the gpu and it booted fine then, so I do not think that is the issue.

Any way to at least boot it to a state were I can reset Windows?

I recently replaced my ATI Radeon HD 4830 ( I know it's old) with a Geforce GTX 260.

I went to task manager to take a look at my system performance and I saw something called Nvidia 3d vision ( I think that's what it was called?) and I then went to open file location because I was curious it was in in the 'temp' folder somewhere in the disk. I proceeded to click and install the drivers but then after browsing and stuff I realised the gpu was getting WAY too hot. it started to melt the rubber cap on its connector thing so I turned it off.

The next morning (today) I put my old ATI Radeon HD 4830 back in. It started to work for like 5 minutes and then I got the "Kernel Security Check Failure" BSOD and it stayed on 0% for a while so I force powered it off and then turned it back on again. However, when I powered it back on the monitor just said "Entering power saving mode" so it seems like it does not detect anything from the GPU.

Another theory is that a couple of hours before that I installed a piece of software that could have been a virus (from an unofficial source) but I never got a warning from the default Windows AV software. I also restarted the computer before I replaced the gpu and it booted fine then, so I do not think that is the issue.

Any way to at least boot it to a state were I can reset Windows?
Did you try clearing the bios