[SOLVED] My Computer isn’t displaying an output

May 6, 2020
I just build my new computer and when i plugged it in and turned it on, it doesn’t work. I plugged my dp cable into the card, not the mobo, i used this card in an old build and it worked just fine. I checked all the obvious things such as reseating my cables and checking my monitor is on, but it doesn’t work. Also i’m pretty sure it boots and it’s just a display issue, because my keyboard lights up. The dram light is on so i think it’s a problem with the ram but i can’t figure it out. Also, i am using a b550 board, but the Amazon description said it’s ryzen 5000 compatible and i’m using one. Any help would be appreciated

specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Asus Strix b550-f
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8x2 3200mhz
Gigabyte Rtx 2060
750 watt gold psu

Solution
Use a single stick in slot A2 (that's Ryzen default, can be slot 2 or slot 4 depending on the motherboard) and boot into bios. Don't set xmp/docp yet.

Shut down, unplug, push/hold power button, wait til the motherboard is fully powered down. Reset cmos. Plug other stick in, either 2 or 4 depending on which you didn't use before.

Boot back up. Ram should be found. If not, go through the bios procedure a second time.
May 6, 2020
i updated my bios and it booted in, but it only showed 1 stuck on ram in, so i turned it off to reseat the ram, and it’s doing the same thing again, just this time the dram light isn’t turning on and my fans are spinning at a normal speed when before the bios update they were spinning at max speed

May 6, 2020
In my last post i detailed how my computer wasn’t posting, and it was an issue with my bios not being up to date for my mobo to support my cpu and it booted. I went into bios and set my boot device, enabled xmp, and turned off the aura light on my motherboard, and i was about to boot into windows, when i noticed only one of my ram sticks was showing up. I turned off my system and reseated my ram in slots 2 and 4, and when i booted, nothing. I tried using only 1 stick and i tried it in all the slots, but it didn’t work. I now have both sticks in and tried to boot after clearing the cmos, and it didn’t work, but the green BOOT qled came on.

specs:
ryzen 5600x
strix b550f (latest bios)
8x2 crucial ballistix sport
rtx 2060

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Use a single stick in slot A2 (that's Ryzen default, can be slot 2 or slot 4 depending on the motherboard) and boot into bios. Don't set xmp/docp yet.

Shut down, unplug, push/hold power button, wait til the motherboard is fully powered down. Reset cmos. Plug other stick in, either 2 or 4 depending on which you didn't use before.

Boot back up. Ram should be found. If not, go through the bios procedure a second time.

Solution