Question My computer keep restarting

J.Y

Aug 16, 2020
Help..my computer keep restarting on its own...im not sure if my motherboard have an issue..i tried changing the power supply,buy new ram,hard-drive but same result..my cpu have temp of 40-60°c max and don't seem to have an overheating issue...

J.Y

Aug 16, 2020
So are you saying it runs for a short time, then reboots on it's own, or it's just stuck in a boot loop and never starts?
Runs for some time then reboots...at times it takes like 5 minutes then it shutdown and restart...but most of the time it takes like 30-40 minutes then reboot ...i tried to disable automatic restart after failure but make no difference

Runs for some time then reboots...at times it takes like 5 minutes then it shutdown and restart...but most of the time it takes like 30-40 minutes then reboot ...i tried to disable automatic restart after failure but make no difference
Windows is shutting down? That does not sound like a hardware problem. Have you run a virus scan? Have you checked Task Manager to see what programs are loading on Startup?

J.Y

Aug 16, 2020
Windows is shutting down? That does not sound like a hardware problem. Have you run a virus scan? Have you checked Task Manager to see what programs are loading on Startup?
I ran a virus scan but no threats was found...Then i changed my operating system from windows 10 to 7 then ubuntu...I also disabled apps which was enabled at startup in task manager...

J.Y

Aug 16, 2020
Sounds like an overheating issue though. Can you just clean the system and put fresh paste under the cpu cooler for a start.

What parts in the pc btw? Might help to know what we are dealing with, for psu is maker+model+wattage.
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H(rev1.1)
Psu:cooler master MPW-5002-ACABW 500W
Cpu:intel core i5 3570k
Gpu:amd r7 350
Ram:2gb ddr3 1600Mhz
Hdd:500gb

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H(rev1.1)
Psu:cooler master MPW-5002-ACABW 500W
Cpu:intel core i5 3570k
Gpu:amd r7 350
Ram:2gb ddr3 1600Mhz
Hdd:500gb
I am stumped. Given you have changed the power supply, RAM, hard-drive, tried different operating systems and it does not seem to be overheating, i don't know what else it could be. In any case here is a useful checklist you can read through.

Aug 11, 2020
Help..my computer keep restarting on its own...im not sure if my motherboard have an issue..i tried changing the power supply,buy new ram,hard-drive but same result..my cpu have temp of 40-60°c max and don't seem to have an overheating issue...
Hey, try only having a mouse, keyboard and monitor plugged in. I am having the same problem and I was told my headset may be the culprit, just give that a shot if you can