Question My computer randomly freezes

Mar 1, 2022
Hi Everyone,

for the last 2 months or so my PC randomly freezes for up to 10 seconds and then all of my peripherals disconnect and reconnect again. It only happens when gaming though.

I've found that the 2 biggest offenders are LoL and EFT. It can happen for up to 2 times a day and then it keeps working normally. I haven't made any big hardware changes that could've offset this issue.

Going into a bit more detail, I never lose output on both of my monitors. But anything being actually rendered takes longer than the peripherals to start again (I'll leave a link to a youtube video for better understanding).
If I'm recording using the Geforce built-in game recorder, the recording keeps going the whole time.

At the beginning, whenever I'd have the issue, Eventviewer would should an error message saying "error setting traits on Provider"
Also I some days get a "Session "dc3a3596-71e1-45a3-b2ea-39ad5322fe51" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" every five minutes for a couple of hours, but that doesn't seem to cause any issues.
Nowadays, I don't get any errors in eventviewer whenever the issue appears.

What I've tried:

-In November I bought 2 more 8GB ram sitcks of corsair vengeance for a total of 32GB running at 3200mhz with XMP enabled. I've tried disabling XMP, changing the timings manually, tested the ram sticks with the built-in windows tool all for nothing.
I also reseated the sticks once.
-At the same time that I bought the ram sticks I also got a new m.2, a corsair mp600 and moved my main ssd (where my os is installed) into another slot because I didn't have enough clearance with the GPU. My main ssd is a samsung evo 970.
I've checked both drives health's using 3-party software and I also updated their drivers respectively.
-I've updated my BIOS to the last version.
-Used a cleanup tool to remove my GPU drivers completely and then I installed them again manually off of Nvidia's site.
-Ran both sfc /scannow and CHKDSK on cmd using elevated admin rights.
-Updated every possible windows driver.

Here's a description of my system:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
32,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1596MHz (16-18-18-36)
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B550 AORUS ELITE V2 (AM4)
HP 25x (1920x1080@144Hz)
QG241Y (1920x1080@60Hz)
XenSource Citrix Indirect Display Adapter (Undefined)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (Gigabyte Aorus Elite V2)
931GB Force MP600 (Unknown (SSD))
931GB NVMe Samsung SSD 970 SCSI Disk Device (Unknown (SSD))
be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750
H150I RGB PRO XT (Corsair AIO)
Logitech PRO X Gaming Headset
Logitech PRO X keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury mouse
Corsair 4000D Airflow TG

I've tried many things already and I still have no idea where the issue might be located. Please help :(

Edit: 2 8GB sticks for 32 not 2 16GB sticks.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the motherboard? It's been known that AGESA code 1.2.0.5 has been causing issues, so my question there is, what BIOS version are you currently on? We've had multiple instances where people said they were on the latest only to find that there were updates pending. As for your SSD, did you use Sasmung's Magician app to see if the SSD is pending any firmware updates?

using 3-party software
Name of the third part app?

What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with?

Used a cleanup tool to remove my GPU drivers completely and then I installed them again manually off of Nvidia's site.
You mean DDU?

Mar 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the motherboard? It's been known that AGESA code 1.2.0.5 has been causing issues, so my question there is, what BIOS version are you currently on? We've had multiple instances where people said they were on the latest only to find that there were updates pending. As for your SSD, did you use Sasmung's Magician app to see if the SSD is pending any firmware updates?

using 3-party software
Name of the third part app?

What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with?

Used a cleanup tool to remove my GPU drivers completely and then I installed them again manually off of Nvidia's site.
You mean DDU?

I made a mistake when I wrote about the ram sticks, sorry. I've got COVID and been feeling bad the last couple of days (Thats why I'm able to take the time now and try to fix this once and for all). So I bought 2 more 8Gb sticks for a total of 32. All the same ram running at the same speed. So all of my ram slots are populated.

I used Crystal Disk info to check my drives.

There aren't any updates on samsung magician for the 970 (I updated it not long ago).

You were completely right about my BIOS, although I'm, certain that I already updated it once, it still was on the F10 version, just updated it to the 15a. Thanks, I'll try to reproduce the error now.

My windows is on the 21h2 version.

Mar 1, 2022
I made a mistake when I wrote about the ram sticks, sorry. I've got COVID and been feeling bad the last couple of days (Thats why I'm able to take the time now and try to fix this once and for all). So I bought 2 more 8Gb sticks for a total of 32. All the same ram running at the same speed. So all of my ram slots are populated.

I used Crystal Disk info to check my drives.

There aren't any updates on samsung magician for the 970 (I updated it not long ago).

You were completely right about my BIOS, although I'm, certain that I already updated it once, it still was on the F10 version, just updated it to the 15a. Thanks, I'll try to reproduce the error now.

My windows is on the 21h2 version.
To expand a bit on the BIOS thing, I updated it around January, that's why I was a bit confused when I saw F10. Maybe it didn't update properly and I forgot to check?