My computer randomly restarts without notice?? PLease Help ME upg

PcDude892

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
Ok I don't know if this goes in this section but can someone please help me?
So I was playing DayZ for a bit and out of no where my computer like shuts off and turns back on. I thought nothing of it so when my computer booted up I decided to go at minecraft and then not Long after playing it happened again, after that I tried playing rust and after loading into a game it happened again!! It only happens when I'm playing games, when I'm on my desktop or idle it doesn't do it.
I recently upgraded my motherboard from a crappy one to an asus sabertooth 990fx,

Specs
AMD FX - 6350 @3.9GHz
GeForce GTX 750Tit
8GB DDR3 Ram
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Turbo Link 500w PSU

The two issues that come to mind would be a heat issue or a power issue. On demanding games that put a load on your hardware, both increased heat and power are present. Check your Windows Logs (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7) to see if you can find the reason (look for power or heat related entries).

The other possible problem could be drivers.

I would say the weak link in your system is the PSU - I didn't see your PSU listed on the tier chart (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html).

iirc hardwaresecrets reviewed a 450w solytech made one. had fake wattage.

I only buy tier I/tier II power supplies - it depends upon the budget for the build. The lower tiered power supplies can provide incorrect voltages, be labeled with incorrect wattages and/or fail under load. If a "cheapo" PSU is $50, and a good PSU is $75, that $25 can protect you against catastrophic results. A PSU that sends incorrect voltages/wattage to the computer can create BSODs or shutdowns at minimum, and in the worst case scenarios, actually fry all of your components.

The PSU converts 110VAC/220VAC to DC voltages, and regulates the current and voltages to your equipment. The lower tiered PSUs do not regulate as well as the top tier units - so saving $25 can kill a $1,000 rig....

You have an Apevia TurboLink 500W PSU that can only output 250 Watts because of the liar label they slapped on it to deceive the unknowing.

What's worse is that the out of spec noise and ripple levels are damaging your attached components and you don't know it. Out of spec noise and ripple levels will cause system instability all the while it's damaging your components.

Get a better quality power supply unit.