My computer randomly stutters. Where you can also hear the audio stutter too. Help me.

Sep 14, 2018
My computer randomly stutters. Where you can also hear the audio stutter too. Help me.

---------------------------

It is a fairly new build. A couple of months old.
(The SSD and 1TB hard drive are a little older. From an older system)
This build should be amazing. But I am having problems.

For some reason, it stutters randomly and I don’t know what causes it.

I got another motherboard before, and it happened even worse. Like all the time. So I switched to this upgraded motherboard and the problem went away for the most part.

It is very annoying. Say I am listening to music or watching a video. The audio will do these little micro stutters. Where the audio scratches, or cuts out a tiny bit. And then resumes. It happens very quickly.

When I was downloading something the other day. To the 4tb hard drive. The computer nearly came to stand still. I could barely move the mouse. Everything was really slow. As soon as I stopped the download. It was ok again.

Does anyone know what the cause could be. What tests I should run? What you think might fix this?

I spent a lot of money and this machine should be fantastic.

PS, when gaming it is fine for some reason.

The computer can have times when it is randomly perfect.

------------------------
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B350-F Socket AM4 AMD B350 DDR4 S-ATA 600 ATX Gaming Motherboard - Black
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Desktop CPU - AM4/Hex Core/GHz/16MB/65W
Memory: Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black
Hard Drive 1: WD 4 TB Desktop Hard Drive - Blue (wdc wd40ezrz-00gxcb0) Hard Drive 2: Crucial CT256MX100SSD1 - 256 GB
Hard Drive 3: Western Digital WD10EZEX Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM (WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0)
Graphics: amd radeon r9 270x windforce
Power SUpply: Be Quiet BN278 PURE POWER 10 600 W Cooling Fan - Black
-----------------------------

Sep 14, 2018

PSU: Be Quiet BN278 PURE POWER 10 600 W Cooling Fan - Black

No the SSD has the windows install on it. It is now 3 years old.

The other drives are storage drives.

Sep 24, 2018
I'm having this exact same issue. Everything runs fine until there's a random hiccup and the audio stutters as if the system is about to bluescreen, but then everything just continues as normal. It could happen once a day, or several times. At this point I'm genuinely considering a full rebuild just to get away from the problem.

Have you come across any solution yet?

Sep 14, 2018

No none at all.

I think it might be the graphics card, as that is the only thing I didn;'t replace.