my computer restarts when i play games?

bishal167

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
my computer restarts automatically when i play games, i have tried disabling the automatic restart but it didnt work, my temperature at load is about 45 and normally its 41 or 42.....the GPU is inbuilt so cant say about it temps......... i got a intel pentium dual core processor 2.80 ghz,windows xp 32 bit and 2gb of ram........ so can anybody help?

Solution

Bit of a late follow up. if your machine is rebooting almost immediately without getting into windows then that is a bad sign. As someone said If that is the case I would focus on power supply first but it's possible capacitors around the cpu might be failing or some other issue with the motherboard. If the machine seems fine until after it gets into windows, probably the best recommendation would be to have the...

midnightgun

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007
Basic troubleshooting applies here. Memtest+ to check the memory, make sure Bios and drivers are updated. Scan for viruses using housecall. If you have access to a power supply tester, that would be good too. Always a chance the OS needs a refresh as well.

bishal167

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
my ram is ok i tested it for about 3 hours...........my chipset havent got any more latest drivers.......i dont have a virus problems i tested my hard disk on my friends computer which got the latest quick heal internet security....... even if i start the computer a few seconds ago then also it restarts...........

bishal167

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
my ram is ok i tested it for about 3 hours...........my chipset havent got any more latest drivers.......i dont have a virus problems i tested my hard disk on my friends computer which got the latest quick heal internet security....... even if i start the computer a few seconds ago even then it restarts...........

midnightgun

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007

Bit of a late follow up. if your machine is rebooting almost immediately without getting into windows then that is a bad sign. As someone said If that is the case I would focus on power supply first but it's possible capacitors around the cpu might be failing or some other issue with the motherboard. If the machine seems fine until after it gets into windows, probably the best recommendation would be to have the computer wiped and re-install.

Solution