My computer starts up fast and gets slower as I use it.

theoldreliable

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Hi. In November, my computer essentially couldn't boot up. I took it to a local repair store and they told me the HDD had fried and was useless. He gave me a good deal on a "new" HDD and installed it for me. My computer was running fine for a couple of weeks, but it's condition deteriorated. When I got back to my house (in a different city), I brought it to another repair store to see what they said. They told me that again, my HDD was toast, so I assumed that the last guy I had went to had jipped me. I went and got a new HDD myself and installed it. Again, my computer was fine for a couple of week until it happened all over again. This time, I took it to a third place which was a bigger company -- they told me that the HDD had gone bad again (3 hard drives in the span of 6 months??) except this time one of the guy had clued me in that I probably needed a new motherboard. He added that if I was transporting my computer in sleep mode, that I could very well be destroying them all myself and that I should buy a SSD. Rather than investing in another HDD, I went and got an SSD which is what is running in my computer now. Now, my computer is pretty slow, but functional. I've noticed that after I turn my computer off and let it rest that it boots up quickly and gets slower as I use it. So I have no clue what's going on, and I was hoping that y'all could help me. Thanks!

Solution
A lot of this may have to do with programs starting up automatically after you boot up.

Try the following tips:

• Turn wallpaper into a solid colour
    Adjust settings for best performance
    Disable some startup programs
    Turn off power saving settings in the control panel
    Remove windows defender
    Make start and taskbar menu opaque
    Turn of tipping
    Download CCleaner and clean your PC, using the registry fixer
    Delete unnecessary programs
    Unpark CPU
    Go through files manually and delete old files and empty folders
    Run a disk cleanup
    Delete Cortana
    Delete Edge
    Download Defraggler and do a disk defrag, then stop windows defauld defragmenter
    Download driver updater and keep your drivers up to date

Ask if you want help on any of these...

magmaniac

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
A lot of this may have to do with programs starting up automatically after you boot up.

Try the following tips:

• Turn wallpaper into a solid colour
    Adjust settings for best performance
    Disable some startup programs
    Turn off power saving settings in the control panel
    Remove windows defender
    Make start and taskbar menu opaque
    Turn of tipping
    Download CCleaner and clean your PC, using the registry fixer
    Delete unnecessary programs
    Unpark CPU
    Go through files manually and delete old files and empty folders
    Run a disk cleanup
    Delete Cortana
    Delete Edge
    Download Defraggler and do a disk defrag, then stop windows defauld defragmenter
    Download driver updater and keep your drivers up to date

Ask if you want help on any of these.

You could also download MSI Afterburner and adjust your fan curve for more effective cooling.

Solution