My computer turns on and off in a infinite loop

HmongBoy4thst

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I installed a new game on my steam account and as soon as I clicked play, my screen froze. I manually shut down my computer. When I try to start my comouter again it turns on for a second than off into an infinite loop. Oddly enough when I remove the power supply from the gpu, the computer stays on, my led lights my motherboard and my psu. When I reconnect the cords to the gpu, the computer turns off. Is the gpu the problem here?

Specs:
Ram: 8gb
Gpu: 970 gta
Psu: cx750m corsair
Cpu: Intel core i5 (I think)

Solution

Did you leave the battery out for thirty seconds, and then put it back in? When my computer was doing that type of loop, the motherboard was shot, but it could also be the CPU.

coreydwillis2

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

Strange. Almost sounds like a power supply issue. You cannot use the on-board video? If your MB has video out, you can use the Intel video temporarily, but you're saying that it infinite loops without the video card?

HmongBoy4thst

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
No I'm installing the gpu when the whole.computer is turned off. Are you guys any familiar with resetting the motherboard bio settings? I might try that before I try to buy anything.

Zapash: yes I am trying to do just that. Iso there another way to reset bio settings?

coreydwillis2

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

That's what taking out the battery for 30 seconds does.

coreydwillis2

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

Did you leave the battery out for thirty seconds, and then put it back in? When my computer was doing that type of loop, the motherboard was shot, but it could also be the CPU.

Solution