Feb 12, 2019
Specs:
Gigabyte B450m DS3H
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
EVGA GTX 1060 6gb
1x8 ddr4 ram
1td wd blue hdd
250gb samsung ssd

Over the weekend, I switched out my case for a newer one (NZXT H500I). No new parts were added besides the added light controller and cable extenders for the cpu, motherboard, and PCIe. I finished putting everything together and the PC booted just fine like normal. I was on it for about 45 mins before it just turned off. The power LED was still on, so I pressed it, and nothing happened. I turned off the power supply and turned it on again, and the power LED was off. So I changed where I plugged it in and noticed something that I didn't before. for a split second the LEDs for the case would turn on and all the fans would move a little bit before stopping. This would only happen when the PSU would be unplugged and then re-plugged. So I took my PC upstairs and made sure everything was plugged in, and unplugged and replugged the CPU Motheroard and PCIe. Nothing. I thought it might be a motherboard issue so I used my brothers old motherboard(ASUS CG5270-BP003), Which was working perfectly beforehand. I plugged in the CPU and Motherboard, plugged in the HDMI to a monitor, and used a screwdriver for the power switch. The cpu fan turned on but there was no boot or display. Im starting to think that it is a PSU problem, which is weird because I got the PSU about 8 months ago, and it is an EVGA 650w one. Im looking for any help.
Thanks in advance!
-
Update: I put in a graphics card and it booted fine on old motherboard making me think it was a motherboard problem, so I am sending in my newer motherboard in for a RMA. I hope the process is quick.

Last edited:
Solution
I have narrowed it down to the motherboard, so i sent it in for a RMA. some tiny part on the back broke. i ordered a new motherboard and was very carfeull when installing it. everything works now!
I just want to be sure before I order a new psu
Go here:
work through the list. WORK!, not just read! and see if you might have missed something

Feb 12, 2019
I have narrowed it down to the motherboard, so i sent it in for a RMA. some tiny part on the back broke. i ordered a new motherboard and was very carfeull when installing it. everything works now!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS