[SOLVED] My computer won’t let me sign in

kingbraylon0326

Reputable
Mar 13, 2017
So, I was editing a video for YouTube, it was normal until I had to render it. For some reason it failed and the application wouldn’t open. So like any normal person I restarted my PC. Welp when it got to the signing in of windows.
I type in my pin and it says “Your device is offline. Try a different Sign-In Method.” So I connect to WiFi, still doesn’t work and now says “Your credentials couldn’t be verified”. Continuing and then it says “something went wrong and your pin isn't available (status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0x0). Click to setup your pin again” and it gave me an option to change my pin.

So I click it, then a blue screen appears saying “the user profile service service failed to sign in. user profile cannot be loaded” and so I click cancel and it takes me back where I started. No matter how many times I restarted it never worked... So like ANY NORMAL PERSON I look up a solution, I don’t see a single thing on the error code I got and no one has found a definite fix. I find one that says I should sign in with safe mode, I try that, I try to sign in with my password, says it’s wrong.

I reset my password and try again, says it’s wrong, I reset the password of my other account, says it’s wrong. IDK WHAT IS HAPPENING! Then, I try to go back out of safe mode, I do that successfully, the problem continues normally. So I try going back into safe mode but now, the option isn’t there when I hold Shift and press restart.

The only option was to turn off my Pc. I use the alternative method of getting to safe mode. I get to the blue screen where it has the options for safe mode and the “restart” button. I click restart and it doesn’t take me to the blue screen where I chose which one. It takes me back to the automatic repair screen and back to the page before clicking restart for safe mode... I do that multiple times until I’m pissed.

So I try to factory reset. The option isn’t working, I try to uninstall windows update, the option isn’t working. NOTHING WORKED. so I had it. I pressed the continue to windows 10 button only to be taken back to the blue automatic repair screen of options.... and now I’m here in an endless cycle of the same place. Please tell me someone has a fix I can’t access my computer...

[mod edit - spacing]

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
is/was your user account linked to a microsoft logon? Do they work here? https://account.microsoft.com/account?lang=en-hk&refd=www.google.com can you access your account?

Do you have a win 10 installer? its a handy way to break that cycle as will offer more choices on blue menus (just not safe mode) - On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Sounds like you need to start again but I can show you how to save any info on the boot drive
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy...

Colif

Win 11 Master
is/was your user account linked to a microsoft logon? Do they work here? https://account.microsoft.com/account?lang=en-hk&refd=www.google.com can you access your account?

Do you have a win 10 installer? its a handy way to break that cycle as will offer more choices on blue menus (just not safe mode) - On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Sounds like you need to start again but I can show you how to save any info on the boot drive
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

Once you saved everything you need, I would clean install. No way to actually fix this easily, something is wrong with user profiles, and better to just clean install and start with a healthy basis. - follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Solution