My computer won\'t download or install anything new.

Nicky24

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I cannot install the driver for my new Canon Inkjet Photo All-in-One Printer. My computer keeps giving me an error message. I have turned off the security software and tried to install again, but no go. What should I do? Thank you! Tracy

Nicky24

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
My Gosh! I am so happy that someone responded! Thank you....
Okay, I am not very computer savy, but this is what is happening. After I place the driver in, and everything is going fine until a window comes up that says MP driver installation "16 minutes until installation". Another window comes up that says "cleaning up the shortcuts". Then another window comes up that says, "An error occurred while files were being copied, 0001 0002.

I am not sure what is meant admin rights? Sorry...

First off all...be patient...someone will get to you as quickly as we can. :sol:

Do you have the printer plugged in while trying to [strike]uninstall[/strike] install the drivers? If so, unplug that printer, it will only cause more headaches down the road if you leave it plugged in while trying to do so.

Secondly, run the CD or download the latest drivers from Canon's website and start the installation process (after having the printer unplugged :) ). During the installation, it will prompt you when to plug it into the computer. Remember do not do so until then.

If you've done this and are still getting the same error, it could be a damaged disc, which you can alleviate by getting the most recent drivers from their site or it could be something else going on.

Let us know how it goes!

Nicky24

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi and thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I have tried what you suggested and that still did not work. I also went to the Canon site and to download thier driver and I still get the error message. I have turned off the laptops manuacture Gateway security system and the Titanium security system that I recently purchased. I still get the error message. I called the manufacture and they said my warrently just ran out and they cannot help me. Can you please advice me on what I can possibly do now? Thank you kindly for your help. Tracy

I'm wondering if the computer is infected with something is masking the installer to get into the computer when you attempt to install something.

I think it would be best if you download and attempt to install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and run it. If it doesn't allow you to install it in Normal Mode let us know and we will walk you through getting into Safe Mode to run it.

Most installers are not that invasive and the Canon one especially doesn't copy or modify files without your permission.

Nicky24

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I installed the program and got rid of two items that were considered risks. I tried to reinstall the driver for the printer and the driver from the internet and I still get the same error message. I don't know what else to do. I will probably have to hire someone to fix this for me. I am so aggravated because my laptop is farely new (just bought it 13 months ago). I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me. You are a great guy! Thank you!

have you tried plugging the printer in to the usb and turning it on without installing the canon software

windows should find new hardware and attempt to find a driver for you from the internet or built in

driver database--it may or may not find one

still might help if you give the model number :)