My computer won't boot up

Antman995

Honorable
May 8, 2013
I recently built a new gaming computer and it has been working fine for about two weeks or so but today when I went to press the power button it sounds like it starts to boot up but then shuts off immediately and attempts too boot up again and repeats the process off attempting to boot up then shutting off right away until in completely shut it off. I've opened it up and checked all the cords, took off the CPU fan and cleaned off the thermal paste and reapplied it but none of that has worked. Thank you in advance for any help.

Solution

Check Hard drive, CPU, and PSu are my main bets. Or get MemTest on a USB and see if the RAM is faulty.

imaurer269

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Have or were you changing any settings in the BIOS like overclocking? Could pop out the battery in the motherboard or try the CMOS reset button if one is available. If that doesn't work I would unplug everything but the cpu, 24 & 4/8 pin power to the mobo and 1 stick of memory(try the other stick if 1st one fails) and see if boots up then and start adding the rest of the system one part at a time.

Antman995

Honorable
May 8, 2013

No I wasn't changing anything in the BIOS

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Check Hard drive, CPU, and PSu are my main bets. Or get MemTest on a USB and see if the RAM is faulty.

Solution