my computer wont turn on.

GreenPro1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Hello.
as the title says my computer wont turn on.
the last thing I did was that I was playing dota2. A game. When suddenlying a blue screen appeared with dumping disk space and stuff and the computer restarted very very slowly. I launched the game to reconnect quickly and my pc froze. Even ctrl alt delete did not work and I shutted off my pc and then when I tried to turn it on back again... It wont however i can hear fans and some kind of processing but its leds are not workinh and theres no beeping. The monitor seems fine and the mouse works however my keyboard soes not go on. Also my antivirus is AVG internet security 2014 and the firewall being used was of AVG. Please help.
Thank You.

Solution
Any number of things can cause the symptoms you described. The most likely cause is the system simply overheated. Gaming tends to tax the system to it's max capability, generating heat. The processor and video are pushed fairly hard in most cases. If you haven't cleaned your fans and heat sinks in while, dust buildup can impede the systems cooling capabilities. I see this a lot working on people machines. Try blowing out all the fans with some compressed air. Let the system cool off for a while and try again.

If you still get no response, you could have a bad power supply and/or motherboard. How old is the machine? If it is under a year old, it may be covered under warranty. If not, it may be time to invest in a new machine. Hopefully...

MarkofNovi

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Any number of things can cause the symptoms you described. The most likely cause is the system simply overheated. Gaming tends to tax the system to it's max capability, generating heat. The processor and video are pushed fairly hard in most cases. If you haven't cleaned your fans and heat sinks in while, dust buildup can impede the systems cooling capabilities. I see this a lot working on people machines. Try blowing out all the fans with some compressed air. Let the system cool off for a while and try again.

If you still get no response, you could have a bad power supply and/or motherboard. How old is the machine? If it is under a year old, it may be covered under warranty. If not, it may be time to invest in a new machine. Hopefully you have backed up your important data. I am assuming the system isn't booting based on your description of "no beeping". Even a failed boot will usually have a beep code indicating why the motherboard didn't boot. With no beeping or display, I would lean towards a bad power supply. Good luck!

Solution