Question My cores are always ON

Jun 11, 2019
My cpu was really loud after i upgraded my morherboard and psu and i downloaded mwmonitor to see what was wrong and i saw that all my cores where running 4000mhz when i wasnt doing nothing how can i change this?

Jun 11, 2019
if your CPU is making noise, then you have a major problem. do you mean the cooling fans?

you will probably have to set C-states and/or EIST settings in the morherboard's BIOS manually for the frequency to step down when not in heavy use.
Yeah im not that good with pc's can you walk me trough the bios and help me do that i have a asrock 970m

It would be helpful to know what CPU we are discussing as well... (you might need to check your task manager and see if perhaps you have picked up some malware that might have your CPU tied 100% busy mining bitcoin or etherium, etc..)

(As the Asrock 970M is an AM3 motherboard, suggestions regarding Intel boost settings from dissimilar mainboards are notreally relevant...)

...help me do that i have a asrock 970m
now that you have offered some small bit of information regarding the system, you may get some more detailed help.

Intel's EIST settings will not apply to this AMD chipset.

AMD Cool & Quiet settings should enable stepping down to lower frequencies when not in heavy use. haven't worked with these old chipsets in some years so you will have to research exact details.