Question My CPU and GPU usage drops when I move my mouse causing fps drop.

Dec 25, 2019
Possibly mouse software?

Can you explain what happens and how are you monitoring cpu/gpu usage and why do you think it's isolated to the mouse? Because when the mouse is moved, new scenes are rendered etc.
I have two monitors and I use one with task manager to monitor the performance and test. When i move my mouse the CPU and GPU performance drops 10-15% sometimes more. I don't know if it's caused by my mouse but it happens why I look around.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Use Hwinfo64 and monitor cpu usage, temps, frequencies etc on the second screen.

What games are you playing that does this in? What frame rates are you getting?

I don't think it's the mouse. There's a lot involved running a game and if there's performance issues, moving around is when you'll actually notice as more game code calculations get done. Could be anything causing issues, could be Cpu may not be coping or throttling due to heat, could be background programs, Windows power plan settings, GameBar, Fullscreen optimisation. List can be extensive.

Google about disabling Game Bar and Fullscreen optimisation.

Check temps with HWinfo64, but check temps while cpu is working and make sure cpu clocks aren't decreasing too much.

Msi Afterburner is good for monitoring FPS, temps, cpu usage and a whole range of other widgets to display in-game while playing. I suggest testing this with only 1 screen to rule out your second monitor being the issue when playing games in fullscreen or borderless fullscreen. Windows 10 has had trouble in this area with fullscreen optimisation, and classic full screen. Look it up. Not saying it's your issue, but it's just one of those things adding to the vast list of problems PCs can have.