[SOLVED] My cpu doesnt get to turbo speed.

May 19, 2020
I made a little OC to my A8 7680 with the Cpu Base Frequency (I changed it from 100mhz to 105mhz). The base speed the clock shows is 3,67ghz and a turbo boost of 3,99ghz. The problem is that the cpu is stuck at 3,67/3,7 ghz all the time. Any solutions?

Solution
Yes there is a way of keeping it. Less sure if you can get it to idle down . My 8350 on a Sabertooth fx board ran it's oc speed all the time. ( 4.6 in my case. )

It is not a simple process for a beginner, but can be done.
The AMD overclocking thread on this forum was extremely helpful for me when I first dove in to oc'ing my FX chip. It's been a day or two since i lived on that thread, I have no idea if it is still active or not.
Also, I have no idea how advanced a bios/mobo you have to work with. You can get at least a little extra performance on pretty much all of them, but the higher end the board is, the more options that are available.
As a running rule, I tell people who are not familiar with the ins and outs of their...
I made a little OC to my A8 7680 with the Cpu Base Frequency (I changed it from 100mhz to 105mhz). The base speed the clock shows is 3,67ghz and a turbo boost of 3,99ghz. The problem is that the cpu is stuck at 3,67/3,7 ghz all the time. Any solutions?
You changed/raised FSB and that also changes memory frequency and PCI bus which interferes with graphics and other sub systems.

exroofer

Distinguished
Yes there is a way of keeping it. Less sure if you can get it to idle down . My 8350 on a Sabertooth fx board ran it's oc speed all the time. ( 4.6 in my case. )

It is not a simple process for a beginner, but can be done.
The AMD overclocking thread on this forum was extremely helpful for me when I first dove in to oc'ing my FX chip. It's been a day or two since i lived on that thread, I have no idea if it is still active or not.
Also, I have no idea how advanced a bios/mobo you have to work with. You can get at least a little extra performance on pretty much all of them, but the higher end the board is, the more options that are available.
As a running rule, I tell people who are not familiar with the ins and outs of their bios, to never change anything unless they know exactly what it does. And that takes research, especially on older systems.

FSB/Northbridge oc'ing on Phenom and FX chips could and did yield some pretty massive performance gains over stock. More so on Phenom.
You have an A8, so oc'ing it will be a lot different I'm sure. If you want to learn about it, I suggest a new thread titled something like " Anyone experienced in oc'ing a A8 7680 in a ------ motherboard? looking for help"
With the ----- representing the exact motherboard model.

Solution