[SOLVED] My cpu is getting very hot

Feb 27, 2019
When idle it has a temperature of about 45-50 C and as soon as i start gaming it reaches a temp of ~90 C. I have cleaned all the dust off of all of the case fans and have made sure that there is not anything that is restricting airflow inside the pc. I have a corsair h60 cooler and an i7 4770k processor. I also made sure that the radiator was free of dust and finally i checked if turning the cooler 90 degrees would help, but it didnt. What could the problem be that is causing this??

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
Solution
Feb 27, 2019
No unless you think it's mounted incorrectly. If possible I would try another cooler, you don't need to spend much and if your case will support it I'd try the Arctic 34 Duo.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $39.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-27 14:54 EST-0500
Thank you for everything, if i buy it and it still does not fix the problem, what should i do?

WildCard999

Titan
Thank you for everything, if i buy it and it still does not fix the problem, what should i do?
Well if it still doesn't fix it then return the air cooler first, then you may need to delid the CPU which can be very nerve wracking as you can destroy the CPU if not careful. I'm like 80% sure it's something wrong with the H60 and the air cooler should fix it.

Just wondering how old is that H60?

Feb 27, 2019
Well if it still doesn't fix it then return the air cooler first, then you may need to delid the CPU which can be very nerve wracking as you can destroy the CPU if not careful. I'm like 80% sure it's something wrong with the H60 and the air cooler should fix it.

Just wondering how old is that H60?
I think i got it in 2014

Feb 27, 2019
So yea it's been a bit of time, makes me even more convinced its the H60 that is the issue. One bad thing about AIO's is that the inner tubing can deteriorate and if the pump is running small bits of the rubber can cause blockages thus giving higher temps, I think this is what happened.
Im getting the cooler thanks for the help!