My CPU looks dead

blackwatche

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
I brought an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 and it worked for a while,but lately i am getting BSOD which is common to have alot of reasons, the thing is I am sure it's not a software problem (because I have done a format of the hard drive and the problem still appear just before i can reach the installation process) the weird thing is that the CPU is giving all the status just alright in the BIOS at first the CPU could work with two sticks of RAM but when the problem appeared i suspected that the Ram could be worn out so i tried the two sticks of RAM separated but noticed that it's booting out with one stick of RAM, the two DIMM slots are working just fine with one stick in them ,but after two days it refuses to start up even with one stick :/ I have an old Pentium dual core and the RAM sticks are working with it just fine, what could that problem be caused of? it's really an weird problem and don't make any sense. I hope it can be fixed though. I don't want to live on that Pentium dual :(. Chip set bins are fine ,And I noticed that some capacitors on the mobo were damaged and had to replace them (which were on the side of the chip set) could they made a damage on the CPU?. sry for the long text but I thought giving all the details, thanks in advance.
update with some checks I found out two that i wanst using and good cooling system, sucks fan with 2400 r/m speed and it's temp were about 75-78 c degrees so could it be dead from bad cooling?

Solution
I'd be concerned with the motherboard that required new capacitors; it's more likely the issue than the PSU (testing with the PSU from the working system is easy).