Question My cpu temps hit 95c while gaming

Jan 4, 2021
Whenever I play any game for at least a few minutes my temps rise and get up to 95c.

Info
Cpu:Ryzen 5 2600
Gpu:1650
Psu: thermaltake 500w
Case:master box q300l
Cooler: arctic freezer 34 esports duo
Mobo:gigabyte ga-a320m-s2h

Make take long for me to respond

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, what are you ambient room air temps? Also, any overclocks on the board? If those are the temps on your processor, your cooler might not be mounted or oriented properly. Might want to see if remounting the cooler helps. The case you have has been known to be an oven, for lack of a better word. see what the temps are without the side panels on the case.

Speaking of case, what fans are you using for the case's airflow?

Reactions: j4z6
Case and CPU cooler seems fine for me. Try to reverse flow direction for topside fan to blow cold air from outside into case and remove two unused card backplates behind GPU for better outflow. CPU cooler remounting with fresh paste wouldn't hurt indeed as well.

And indeed what are room temperature at the moment?

Reactions: j4z6
Jan 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, what are you ambient room air temps? Also, any overclocks on the board? If those are the temps on your processor, your cooler might not be mounted or oriented properly. Might want to see if remounting the cooler helps. The case you have has been known to be an oven, for lack of a better word. see what the temps are without the side panels on the case.

Speaking of case, what fans are you using for the case's airflow?
Room temps are 75f or little bit lower .no overclock on the board .my cpu cooler looked good when I looked at it .with the side panels of my temps go down by 1 or 2 degrees.my fan is a Corsair ml120 and the other fan is the one that came in the case I just moved it to the front as a intake