Question my cpu usage kept droppping when playing games

Jul 6, 2021
hi guys im new here im wondering if you guys can help me so recently ive been having some problem when playing games my cpu usage kept dropping randomly and it causes my game to lag like for example i was playing titanfall 2 my cpu usage was about 48-55 percent and then suddenly it dropped to 28 for a split second and it goes up to normal again this causes quite a huge framedrop i know that this only happens a few times but its quite annoying for me do you guys have any suggestion? my specs are:
i7 10750h
rtx 2060
16 gb of ram
thanks

Jul 6, 2021
oh yea and i forgot to mention i did go to regedit to do this proccess
  1. Open Run dialog box by pressing Start + R.
  2. Type regedit into the text box and hit Enter.
  3. Click Yes in the User Account Control window.
  4. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, and Control in order.
  5. Right click on the Power folder.
  6. Choose New from the context menu and select Key from submenu.
  7. Name the new key as PowerThrottling and hit Enter.
  8. Right click on PowerThrottling.
  9. Choose New from the context menu and select DWORD (32-bit) Value from submenu.
  10. Name it as PowerThrottlingOff and hit Enter.
  11. Double click on PowerThrottlingOff to edit.
  12. Change the Value data from 0 to 1 and click OK
it helps a bit but the stutter still exist from time to time

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
oh yea and i forgot to mention i did go to regedit to do this proccess
  1. Open Run dialog box by pressing Start + R.
  2. Type regedit into the text box and hit Enter.
  3. Click Yes in the User Account Control window.
  4. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, and Control in order.
  5. Right click on the Power folder.
  6. Choose New from the context menu and select Key from submenu.
  7. Name the new key as PowerThrottling and hit Enter.
  8. Right click on PowerThrottling.
  9. Choose New from the context menu and select DWORD (32-bit) Value from submenu.
  10. Name it as PowerThrottlingOff and hit Enter.
  11. Double click on PowerThrottlingOff to edit.
  12. Change the Value data from 0 to 1 and click OK
it helps a bit but the stutter still exist from time to time
That's practically the equivalent to 'repairing' a gas leak by disabling the gas alarm, as far as your laptop is concerned.

While not nearly as dangerous to your own life and limb, it's still not a good idea.

How old is your laptop? Is this high temperature and stuttering recent? If it is, get a can of compressed air and blow the dust out. See if that helps.

Jul 6, 2021
That's practically the equivalent to 'repairing' a gas leak by disabling the gas alarm, as far as your laptop is concerned.

While not nearly as dangerous to your own life and limb, it's still not a good idea.

How old is your laptop? Is this high temperature and stuttering recent? If it is, get a can of compressed air and blow the dust out. See if that helps.
not even a year old. i never really checked the temp prior to this stuttering issue and i asked my friend who have a gaming laptop his temp is practically same like mine and he never encountered this issue