My Current user on Computer is using way less Resources than the PC itself.

Glen20

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
When I was playing Black Ops 4 it randomly crashed because a lack of memory. I have 8 gb which is more than enough because the game only uses 3-4 max. Than I looked at task manager and its using almost 3.5 gb on idle. But in users, I am only using like 1gb on idle. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening? https://imgur.com/yuvg4FH
https://imgur.com/NnnOjiG

Solution
You might not be disabling the ones using RAM
I think you should look into disabling more background processes and setting some services to manual.
If you do that, you could take the RAM usage below 2GB.
Doesn't look bad.
I was comparing my memory usage with yours and my system was using 4.9 with a couple of Chrome tabs open.
8GB of RAM is OK...is no longer "more than enough" when gaming, specially if you have many processes running at the same time.
How many process do you have on idle?
I suggest you disable some of the Startup programs you don't need so you could have more RAM available.
I saw several Nvidia processes that are not necessary.
I have an Nvidia GPU and the only process I have is NVIDIA Container.

Your system is using 2.41GB and the user 1.09GB.
1.2GB to 3GB is normal for Windows 10 on idle (it uses more RAM that Windows 7).
The Windows pagefile will be use during the game if the system needs more RAM.

I suggest you disable some background process you don't need.
Could you post your system components?

Glen20

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
My components are i5 4570, 8gb ddr3 crucial sport ram, gtx 1060, gigabyte mobo. Also I stopped almost all background processes I could and it still was at 3gb. It's really annoying too because I bought ram but my mobo pins are bent or something and I cant use the new ram because 2 of the slots are broken.

The System Configuration utility is one of the fastest way to find out and also disable non-Microsoft services.
Open System Configuration by pressing the Windows key + R and type msconfig then hit OK.
Click the Service tab and check Hide all Microsoft process.
There you will see all non-Microsoft processes running and most of then are not necessary.

Are the RAM slot pins bent or the RAM you got is not compatible with the RAM on the system.

Glen20

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Neither it's the motherboard cpu pins I'm pretty sure. The new ram is exactly the same as the old ram and I interchanged them in the working slots and they work together. I took out the cpu to see if any pins were bent there and I looked like some were. I looked at a diagram and it appeared they were the channel b memory controllers.

Glen20

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

Ok thanks I'll try it.