Question My Custom Build Is a Nightmare

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bonkers_bananas

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
I will be adding minidumps and everything later tomorrow but im pretty much at a loss here i cannot figure out what in the hell i need to do to get my pc stable. here is a brief history on this build...
march of 2019 i built my pc and it consisted of:
ryzen 5 3600x
msi gaming plus max b450 mobo
650w EVGA gold psu
32gbs of 3000mhz ddr4 from OLOY
my old corsair AIO cooler
2x 1tb HDD's from my old build
1x WD m.2 nvme
nvidia zotac 1660s
in the first 2 weeks of this build being functional it would bsod randomly, sometimes it would let me play for days on end sometimes it would crash every 10-20 mins like clock work so the wallet came out and the trouble shooting began, i have changed everysingle component except the cpu, i had used my old 1060 and would get the same crashes i used some spare 2133mhz sticks, same crashes. all signs are pointing to the cpu so after changing all that hardware and doing the following software tests: sfc scan, x86memtest, updated all and every single driver i could, updated windows and pretty much any and all things under the sun that were presented as possible solutions on this forum as well as reddit nothing worked i did however get a couple months of stability by undervolting and underclocking the processor and putting a 85% power limit on the gpu. all was fine until recently.....

the bluescreen has returned but now its even more inconsistent. sometimes the pc wont fire a error code and actually bsod, it will hang until it gets choked out, and applications just randomly close and and fire random error codes that will solve themselves if i just restart the system until an hour or 2 passes and the problem arises again, everything from games to google chrome randomly crash. from the research i've done this is a fairly common issue when it comes to ryzen cpus after trying everything under the sun im ready to just say screw it and swap over to intel and buy and new mobo and cpu. i however do not currently have the income to make this swap so this is a hail mary if anyone has any suggestions of what i can do to fix this issue once and for all im all ears..

yeah but until i can order some new ram this is will have to do. my fault for not following the QVL. lesson taught. lesson learned.
Don't take it hard. I had the same thing happen to me and OlOy worked fine on my intel system. It is AMD being picky. It is annoying but not the end of the world. Moreover, QVL only contains sticks that were specifically tested, it does not contain all of them and others may work, just not guaranteed to be supported.

P.S cant check your link but found this set in cache, looks fine.

Slaxel

Commendable
Oct 8, 2021
I’m wondering if it may be voltage dips or surges in your house causing you this grief. Do you notice any odd electric issues with your home? Like flickering lights. Dimming lights or brownouts? Something could be messing With your power such as an appliance or bad wiring causing arcing.