my Dead Seagate Baraccuda

shodeskie

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
hello everyone good day...

i have my gaming pc. its normal... i use it everyday for gaming streaming etc.
i just recently used it last time as normal usage... i shut it down just to eat,
after i turned it on again to play dota2, but its not booting up to windows and stop on windows logo, i tried to restart twice and still the same, since i have 2 hdd 1 tb WD main, on sata port 1
and a 1tb seagate baraccuda ass secondary for saving files as back up on port 2, i tried again to restart and went to bios and board...
both hardrives or detectable and seen on my bios and board option, again i tried to restart and made a safe mode, safe mode networing and still not loading up,
then i decided to remove first my seagate 1tb on port 2 and just boot up on my WD1tb main on port 1, and it works....
so my prob now is my hdd 2 seagate baraccuda 1tb which used to be as my back up, the motor of the middle of it still working and it still detectable on bios but looding on windows it fails and not pushing through un unless i unpluged it and work only on my hdd main 1tb WD,

i will accept if its a faulty now or dead.... how can i recover those files on it? how can i safely copy or move it to another HDD or another external HDD...
guys pls. help me....
pls pls pls... i need those files.. :(

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If it's detectable in BIOS, your best option is likely to remove the hard drive, and try to connect it with a hard drive enclosure and then use a software-based option such as EaseUs or Recuva.

Failing that, if the data is important, your option remaining will be the seek a professional recovery firm. Be advised, however, that this can run into four figures.

Sadly, it's something we see way too often around here. The only time you can protect important data is *before* a hard drive fails. I wish you good luck on recovering your data and I hope, whether or not you're successful, you make a gameplan on protecting your important files in the future. Just like changing the oil in your car or the air filter in your furnace, it's a very basic part of computer ownership.

Hard Drives start giving signals of imminent failure so if it never gave a clue and this is the first time if failed to boot, the issue is probably in Windows not in the HDD. The BIOS S.M.A.R.T. would also prompt a HDD warning... So I doubt it's the Seagate HDD itself. Try using the Windows install media (DVD/USB) Startup/Automatic Repair.

That failing, use Disk Genios to repair the HDD's partition table. This program includes a Partition and file recovery tool in case it get's to that.
http://www.diskgenius.net/

And you can probably boot the computer from the WD1TB set as the first boot device and in the BIOS, set on top of the HDDs list. Or using the BIOS boot drive selector, and from Windows use Hard Disk Sentinel to diagnose the Seagate 1TB's condition.

http://www.hdsentinel.com/

Update:
One more clue it's probably a Windows issue:
1. a bad HDD wouldn't get to the Windows logo as they wouldn't start booting windows.
2. If the HDD had detection issues it would show a message saying "no boot device found"
3. Windows issues can get to the Windows logo and stop or bsod.

shodeskie

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
thankyou guys.... its just the thing that i have 2 1tbh hdd..... WD as my main storage and windows, and another SEAGATE 1tb for all my files or back up saves....
so i did not make any partition of it... just hard drive C/: and hard drive D/: both 1 tb..... at first it did not loading up and stops on windows logo.... then i tried to unplug the seagate and leave the WD to boot and it works and boots fast as ever,
then i did try to make a system restore hoping all things back to normal.... then i plugged it in on the Seagate...
then ok... system restore goes....
now it works.... it loads... just few long time of delay before it loads up....
now the thing is.... even i visit bios..... on board... all drivers are fine even both hdd is showing up....
as computer loads up.... seen on (my computer) HDD WD main shows up and even usage and remaining gb free...
the Seagate is showing now yes... but its inclickable... cant open even try to look at windows key>computer>manage>Diskmanagement... its not showing up..nothing showing up....

guys.. can this hard drive can save all files on it???? badly need help and hell i will buy a safe external HDD instead having it on my pc...
waaaaahhhhhhh shit life >_<

my rig.
msi pcmate b85g41
intelcore i54670k
corsairvngeance 16 gb 4x4
saphire7870 3gbedition
corsair v650psu
corsair case with 7fans cooler