Question My desktop would occasionally blackout mid-game.

Nov 11, 2019
Sometimes, after playing games for the whole day, my desktop might blackout. My monitors would receive no signal, my case lights would just go off and my desktop would be unresponsive to both the power and restart button. I've tried to turn off and on the power socket but it didn't work. I've tried flicking the switch on my PSU and that would cause my desktop to light up then go off within a fraction of a second..

These blackouts have occured when I was playing Rainbow six siege while streaming, playing Overwatch after a whole day of playing various games and sometimes in the middle of a CS;GO game.

Prior to these blackouts, I had gotten similar blackouts but those only cause my monitors to go off and hitting the restart button on my case would do the trick.

I suspect that these blackouts may be due to an inadequate PSU, a faulty motherboard or a faulty GPU.

My desktop's specifications are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 SUPER
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650w gold
fan: AMD stock cooler
Motherboard: ASrock x570 pro4
case: Cooler Master mb520

Nov 11, 2019
I believe the problem may be the CMOS battery. When this happened to me i replaced the CMOS and it went away. Or it may be the cooler for the cpu.
After changing my CMOS battery, the situation got worst and now it blackouts in a specific amount of time after I get it to boot. It no longer blacks out only when playing games. Could it be that my motherboard or my cpu fan is the issue?

Nov 11, 2019
What is your cpu temp during games? Or a bunch of other things i’ll check your setup and see if anything is wrong
Idle temperature averages at 52°C with frequent spikes up to 60°C and very rarely going up to 70°C. During game, temperature averages at 62°C with frequent spikes to 70°C. Unfortunately, I was unable to record the cpu temperature just before the blackout as it was too sudden. However, my chassis was warm at the top immediately after the blackout. This set of data was collected from a <30min session of Overwatch using A-Tuning, a software I found on my desktop.