Question My display is blurry on my external monitor when I plug my laptop

Sep 19, 2019
I use an external LG monitor and a Lenovo G-50 PC via VGA. The display on the external monitor is crisp and clear whenever I unplug my laptop from power but the moment I plug my PC to the charger, the display on the monitor becomes really blurry and hazy, like lots of white lines would be all over the screen.

Aug 22, 2019
is the charger interfering with the monitor in anyway? thats odd possibly internally even ? i assume you tried to check / change resolution to the correct one in the settings? and or also try another cable if you have one, like if it will accept an hdmi display port dvi anything else

Reactions: Eric Aprioku
Sep 19, 2019
Yes, that's precisely what's happening. The charger is interfering with the display. I've tried another VGA cable, it's still the same result. I tried it with a friend's hp monitor, still the same result. The resolution is also correct. The display becomes crisp the moment I unplug my charger, when I do plug it in It produces extra white and black wavy lines over the screen.

Aug 22, 2019
Yes, that's precisely what's happening. The charger is interfering with the display. I've tried another VGA cable, it's still the same result. I tried it with a friend's hp monitor, still the same result. The resolution is also correct. The display becomes crisp the moment I unplug my charger, when I do plug it in It produces extra white and black wavy lines over the screen.
yeah thats crazy sorry i couldn't help sooner im sure you solved it by now, but i would have too imagine maybe its not the correct charger and is providing too much power too your laptop? or maybe the charger is bad, orrr the port for charging is messed up and is touching something on the inside of the lapttop because electronics arent supposed too interfear with others like that from what i understand. but where i would start is 1: new charger or 2: open up your laptop and see if the port is making contact with something its not supposed too be making contact with, maybe it would be touching something that has too do with the display output or an hdmi port or vga or something...and also if your using vga id imagine its an older laptop and monitor, maybe one or both are all just old now

Sep 19, 2019
Thanks, I decided to just ignore it till I get a new laptop. The strangest thing I noticed though is when I use the laptop with older or vintage monitors, I never experienced the problem. I tried it on a CTR monitor, one of those old ones with fat backs and it worked just fine when plugged in, it also produced crisp display on some older monitors, but when I try it on newer LCD monitors, it's always blurry when plugged in...