Question my display looks like an oil painting.

Dec 31, 2019
I just upgraded my whole pc aside from power supply. ever since i upgraded and installed windows updates my whole display is ruined. ive tried everything within my capacity to my knowledge. i cant find anyone with the same problem online so im posting here in hopes i could get some answers. My graphics card is the radeon rx 5700 xt i have a ryzen 7 2700 two gskill ripjaws 8s my power supply is a 750 watt and motherboard is asus rog strix b450-f gaming. i cant seem to post my screenshots unfortunately. ive never done anything like this so i probably just dont know. ill post screenshots whenever i figure that out but im too tired of dealing with this at the moment. ive been trying to fix this for weeks. reset windows twice. one wipe without files and one with. that didnt work. played around in windows commands, played around in color management, played around in the reg editor and many more. done. i give. help. please. :)

Last edited:
You have to upload your images to an image hosting site like Imgur.com and then include it in your message here by clicking on the picture icon and pasting the image's direct link there. Maybe include both a screenshot (CTRL+PrtScn) and a photo of the screen using your phone - if the problem is with your monitor we won't see it in a screenshot.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Cool. I would guess it has to do with your gpu connector. Back in the days you could get results like that from a bent pin on your vga plug. How is your monitor connected to the gpu? Have you tried different cables or ports?

Does the issue only shows up when you take a picture of the screen not in a screenshot from inside Windows? And from the picture you posted the black marks in the corners and bottom are only inside the video frame correct? What is the brand and model of the power supply? This happens on any monitor you connect?

Did you do a clean Windows setup after you changed motherboards? I don't mean a "refresh", a full clean setup from booting off a setup disk and deleting the old partitions.

Dec 31, 2019
my power supply is 750 watts i believe corsair, it does happen to any monitor, i fully reset windows including wiping personal files. The issues are isolated to picture and video, my microsoft background is subject to heavy pixelation and saturation as well as any game i boot up suffering the same saturation as the picture posted above. i also have a screenshot from windows as well as a picture taken from my phone above.

Last edited: