[SOLVED] My display output is broken but Windows still runs in the background

Solution
Use system restore to reset your pc back to when all was well.

DDU should not be necessary.
Helper apps can contain unwanted tracking and malware.

Some mirrors where you might download it have been reported to contain malware or worse.
Same thing is possible if you downloaded the driver update anywhere than directly from amd.

If you want to try a reinstall of the driver.
Uninstall it and do a clean install of the driver.
If you suspect that the latest driver is at fault, you can try installing a previous version.

Some mirrors where you might download it have been reported to contain malware or worse.
Same thing is possible if you downloaded the driver update anywhere than directly from amd.

If you suspect that the latest driver is at fault, you can try installing a previous version.

Solution

DavidCZ2051

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020

I uninstalled the driver and installed the old one (21.3.1) and the problem wasn't occurring for about 2 days and now it's broken again.

I uninstalled the driver and installed the old one (21.3.1) and the problem wasn't occurring for about 2 days and now it's broken again.
What might have changed since things were working 2 days ago?

Possibly, windows pushed out a less than good driver update.
I would set windows to not ever update any drivers automatically.
About the only driver update you should want is graphics.

DavidCZ2051

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
What might have changed since things were working 2 days ago?

Possibly, windows pushed out a less than good driver update.
I would set windows to not ever update any drivers automatically.
About the only driver update you should want is graphics.
I didn't do anything unusual in the two days. I was just on Discord, browsing internet and sometimes played some games that have worked more then one year on my computer just fine.

DavidCZ2051

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
Hi, I have an Asus RX 560 graphics card and since I updated to AMD driver version 21.3.2 my display output was being corrupted, but Windows was still running in the background just fine. I have a 64-bit Windows 10. It just happens once every day. Is there a way to fix it? Thanks for your help!
View: https://imgur.com/0D4QU7C
, View: https://imgur.com/3hvGOwG
Update: When it happened today for me I decided to wait, maybe something will happen. And it did. The weird coloured screen switched to black but I could hear the computer still running and after probably 5 minutes I got a BSOD with a code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and amdkmdag.sys

Apr 20, 2021
This means there is some incompatibility between graphics card driver and Windows.
I recommend you boot into safe mode, remove the graphic driver, reboot computer into safe mode again and reinstall the driver. Don't let Windows 10 install drivers automatically from its own Windows update site, as Microsoft rarely keeps drivers for AMD based devices upto-date. I always install drivers for AMD based devices only from wendor Website.

DavidCZ2051

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
This means there is some incompatibility between graphics card driver and Windows.
I recommend you boot into safe mode, remove the graphic driver, reboot computer into safe mode again and reinstall the driver. Don't let Windows 10 install drivers automatically from its own Windows update site, as Microsoft rarely keeps drivers for AMD based devices upto-date. I always install drivers for AMD based devices only from wendor Website.
I tried that yesterday but it crashed today again.