My Documents folder suddenly disappeared from desktop

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> How can I get it back?

"My Documents folder suddenly disappeared from desktop"

Did you select it and press delete?

Any way, this is nice and simple (asuming your using Windows XP) open
he desktop properties, go to the "Desktop" tab and click the
"Customize Desktop..." button, i think you can work the rest out.

How can I be using Windows XP when I am posting in a Windows 2000 newsgroup,
eh?
How can I get it back in Win2000?

"Sparda" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > How can I get it back?
>
> "My Documents folder suddenly disappeared from desktop"
>
> Did you select it and press delete?
>
> Any way, this is nice and simple (asuming your using Windows XP) open
> he desktop properties, go to the "Desktop" tab and click the
> "Customize Desktop..." button, i think you can work the rest out.

Well, it's solved. "Show My Documents on the Desktop" was already checked.
But I unchecked it, hit Apply, checked it again, and, for good measure, hit
"Restore Defaults," and then clicked OK. One of the two worked.

Problem solved. Thanks.

Start Windows Explorer - menu Tools - Folder Options.
On tab View, scroll down in Advanced Settings list.
Select Show My Documents on the Desktop.

John7