[SOLVED] My Download Speed drops to 1 Mbps automatically after few secs.

thenishant96

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
One Strange thing is happing with me is , my internet connection speed stays around 30mbps and everything works fine steaming 4kvideos etc. but when i download things
either with idm or torrent , at first few 6 to 10 sec the download speed stays near 4 - 6 Mbps, then suddenly its drops to 1mbps and it remains the same till its done.
i tried downloading file with good sources like from google drive and youtube but its still same.

Solution
These are rather hard to find. I would try microsoft and download with the browser and watch the resource monitor the network usage tab. I would also do that while you are watching 4k video since you need far more than 1mbps to watch that video.

It is likely something on your pc limiting it. ISP used to do dumb stuff like let you download fast for a short period of time and drop the speed. They called it turbo mode or something and it was mainly to get high numbers in speedtest. It is very rare for ISP to put any type of limit unless you are using mobile broadband.

I would look for any form of network accelerator software. Many motherboards come with silly "gamer" accelerator network apps. These cause all kinds of...
These are rather hard to find. I would try microsoft and download with the browser and watch the resource monitor the network usage tab. I would also do that while you are watching 4k video since you need far more than 1mbps to watch that video.

It is likely something on your pc limiting it. ISP used to do dumb stuff like let you download fast for a short period of time and drop the speed. They called it turbo mode or something and it was mainly to get high numbers in speedtest. It is very rare for ISP to put any type of limit unless you are using mobile broadband.

I would look for any form of network accelerator software. Many motherboards come with silly "gamer" accelerator network apps. These cause all kinds of strange issue and need to be uninstalled. If you have a killer nic you will have to load different drivers to remote it.

Solution