[SOLVED] My drive is almost full-having problems moving contents to new drive using macrium reflect 7 or 8.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ferdly1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2015
I had been backing up my windows 10 for years to my wd passport. When i went to use it says error. Never really ever had a backup program work. I have used macrium reflect in the past it worked great. But I am getting older and things are becoming more diffeicult for me. However i still refuse to let someone do it for me. Spent my life working on pcs. Retired 10 years ago. Just a little out of touch. When I do a disk clone with Macrium reflect everything runs fine it completes copy. You can see data on the drive. However when I put the new drive in place of old it says device error repair device and it will not boot. I have even tried another drive. What am i missing here. Thinking of buying softwhere.

https://www.screencast.com/t/EiyGgNgp
when i cloned the drive the instructions i found said to c drive needs to be last partition this allows to extend the partition. Which is what i did. Extendiding partition did not work. So i just cloned drive the way it was and that worked
Delete recovery partition and extend C: partition.
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
list partition
select partition 3
(select 513MB recovery partition)​
delete partition override
select partition 2
extend
exit

And done.