[SOLVED] My ethernet connection suddenly stopped working. Ethernet cable is not being detected

Jul 27, 2020
My ethernet connection inexplicably stopped working today. Already tried restarting the computer, replugging in the ethernet cable, doing a network reset in the Network and Internet settings, and disabling and re-enabling the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I1219-V device. Wi-fi works totally fine. My ethernet cable seems to no longer be detected for some odd reason. I haven't tried another cable yet, but it's such a pain in the ass to switch out the ethernet cable in my setup I want to try everything else first. This ethernet cable has worked fine for months.

Solution
what is on the other side of the ethernet cable ?
a router or a switch i suppose ? did you tried to plug the cable in another port ?

can you follow the cable and make sure it's not damaged at any point ? are both ends in good physical shape ?

on your PC, do you see the little amber and/or green lights near the ethernet port when you plug the cable ?

the probleam can also come from your OS
into "search"type ncpa.cpl . check if your ethernet adapter is not disabled. to enable it , select and right clic to it

there is also a command to use in order to reset the network stack completely :
open a command prompt as admin
type this : netsh winsock reset
wait a bit, it should ask you to reboot the computer. test your ethernet again

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
what is on the other side of the ethernet cable ?
a router or a switch i suppose ? did you tried to plug the cable in another port ?

can you follow the cable and make sure it's not damaged at any point ? are both ends in good physical shape ?

on your PC, do you see the little amber and/or green lights near the ethernet port when you plug the cable ?

the probleam can also come from your OS
into "search"type ncpa.cpl . check if your ethernet adapter is not disabled. to enable it , select and right clic to it

there is also a command to use in order to reset the network stack completely :
open a command prompt as admin
type this : netsh winsock reset
wait a bit, it should ask you to reboot the computer. test your ethernet again

Solution